MILWAUKEE, WI (March 1, 2023) – After recording tremendous growth in 2022, with a 75% increase in registrants, Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. (MWF) is excited to announce details for the sixth annual Summerfest Tech, Milwaukee’s premiere tech event. It will take place over three days, Tuesday June 27 - Thursday June 29, 2023, and will remain free of charge and accessible virtually. New this year, all Summerfest Tech programming will be held at Potawatomi Hotel and Casino. To register, visit https://www.summerfest-tech.com
“We are proud of Summerfest Tech’s progress over the last five years as it continues to garner more national awareness, showcasing Milwaukee as a burgeoning tech hub,” said Don Smiley, CEO of Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. “We look forward to a bright future and continued growth for Summerfest Tech and are thankful for the continued support of the tech community and our sponsors.”
Summerfest Tech 2023’s expanded programming will feature national keynotes and various talk tracks. Featured keynote speakers for Summerfest Tech include:
- Rebecca Fannin, journalist, author, and media entrepreneur –session will explore the Midwest’s rising as a tech belt and innovation trends.
- Adam “Smiley” Poswolsky, internationally renowned keynote speaker, workplace belonging expert, and bestselling author – will provide strategies on how to help attract and retain top talent, while sharing data-driven insights and practical tools.
- Christopher Lafayette, emergent technologist, and keynote speaker - presentation on the concept of “eco culture” and how it can provide an opportunity for ecosystem growth.
Summerfest Tech’s four program tracks will consist of:
- Corporate Social Responsibility/Environment Social Governance - Manpower Group will keynote this topic with Ruth Harper, SVP, Chief Marketing & Sustainability Officer, discussing how companies can drive meaningful impact for people and the planet. American Family Insurance will support this topic with a breakout session highlighting teenage entrepreneurs of color and how corporate organizations can support access to tech at a young age.
- Entertainment and Sports Tech - Emily White, best-selling author, global #1 podcast host, and longtime entrepreneur in the music space will keynote this topic and discuss tech advancement and entrepreneurship. Tim Dickson, with Generac Power Systems, will lead a breakout session highlighting the “tech” fan experience with tech leaders at the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers, and Milwaukee Bucks.
- Healthcare Tech - a keynote session, led by GE HealthCare CIO, will discuss the IT innovation and transformation journey along with a breakout session focusing on an end-to-end healthcare solution journey. Techquity, with the United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County, will explore the need for resources and support for broadband.
- Web3 Content - Wipfli LLP will be leading this track with a landscape outlook talk and practicum roundtable discussing currency, smart contracts, NFTs, and legal implications.
The popular Summerfest Tech Pitch Competition produced by Young Enterprising Society, and in partnership with Molson Coors Beverage Company, will return in 2023. Eight participants will have the opportunity to pitch for the chance to win a portion of the $50,000 cash prize, $5,000 of which will be awarded to a “Hometown Winner” from the greater Milwaukee area. Applications are now open. The deadline to apply is midnight, April 14, 2023, at Summerfest Tech Pitch Competition. Also for startups, VC MKE is organizing one-on-one meetings to connect founders of color with investors. For more information and to register visit VCMKE.com
Summerfest Tech is supported by Generac Power Systems*, Molson Coors Beverage Company*, Wipfli LLP*, American Family Insurance*, BMO, GE HealthCare, UScellular Business*, AE Business Solutions, Concurrency Inc.*, Formlabs, Husch Blackwell, Marquette University*, Milwaukee Tool, Michael Best*, MKE Tech Hub Coalition*, OFFSITE*, Qumulo, United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County*, UW-Milwaukee School of Information Studies*, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation*, Xorbix, Zscaler*, Alverno College*, i.c.stars*, and the Wisconsin Tech Association. Media support provided by Experience Milwaukee* and production support comes from Majic Productions, Inc. *indicates a returning partner.
More details on the agenda and other speakers will be forthcoming, and all attendees will receive FREE entrance to a networking luncheon on site during Summerfest Thursday, June 29, 2023, along with free admission to the festival through July 1, 2023
Visit www.Summerfest-Tech.com to register and for more information.
About Summerfest Tech
Summerfest Tech began in 2018 with the goal of leveraging the Summerfest brand to showcase technology and provide a forum for attendees from the tech and business community to network, educate, and celebrate the evolution of technology. Summerfest Tech continues to champion the regional business community, while shining the spotlight on Wisconsin’s growing reputation as a tech hub, highlighting the growth and opportunity in the region. Programming from local, regional, and national speakers, as well as a cash-prize pitch competition, connects the tech community around relevant topics. Summerfest Tech will be held June 27-29, 2023, free of charge, in-person and available virtually. For more details, visit Summerfest-tech.com.