MILWAUKEE, WI (July 7, 2023) – In its sixth year, Summerfest Tech has solidified its reputation as an integral event for the Wisconsin tech ecosystem by providing a national stage to convene tech leaders from national and global companies across a wide array of programming.
Milwaukee’s premier summer tech event grew to three days in 2023 and registered thousands of attendees from 29 states and 16 countries. The conference remained free of charge and accessible virtually. All Summerfest Tech in-person programming was held at Potawatomi Casino | Hotel. Additionally, many of the sessions will be available on-demand, beginning August 1, 2023.
Summerfest Tech began in 2018 with the goal of leveraging the Summerfest brand to showcase technology and provide a forum for attendees from the tech and business community to network, educate, and celebrate the evolution of technology. Over the past six years, it’s done that and more, by cementing itself as a convergence of diverse perspectives and a global collective for idea generators.
“The support and positive feedback we have received following Summerfest Tech 2023 from our speakers, sponsors, and attendees has been phenomenal and we look forward to continuing that momentum next year,” said Don Smiley, CEO of Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.
Highlights of Summerfest Tech were:
- Featured speakers included Jahid Khandaker with GE HealthCare, Tim Dickson of Generac Power Systems, Christopher Lafayette, as an emerging technologist, and Ruth Harper of ManpowerGroup.
- Presentations and roundtables at the new “Meet the Experts: Tech Talks” programming for tech mentors and mentees included: Women in Technology, C-Suite Leadership, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion, Software Development, Cybersecurity, AI/IoT/RPA, and Agile/DevOps/UXUI
- Milwaukee Bucks, Green Bay Packers, and Milwaukee Brewers Information and Innovation experts discussed integrating the fan experience with technology at their venues.
- The annual Pitch Competition added the new Hometown award, ensuring support for a regional startup, while providing all eight startups with a portion of the $50,000 prize.
- MKE Tech Community Impact Awards were presented and were given to recipients Stacy Zaja of Northwestern Mutual for her work on STEM Advancement, Cynthia Stenard from Associated Bank for her passions in Tech Advancement and DEI, and Jasmin Treske from MKE Tech Hub Coalition for her efforts in the Early Talent Development and Community Outreach space.
- AI was a featured topic, with a “Human vs Machine” discussion, highlighting Generative AI and the pros and cons as companies start to engage with this emerging technology.
Sponsors included: Generac Power Systems, Molson Coors Beverage Company, Valor Technologies, Wipfli LLP, American Family Insurance, BMO, GE HealthCare, Johnson Controls, KPMG, Northwestern Mutual, Ring Central, Inc., UScellular Business, AE Business Solutions, Brooksource, Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Concurrency Inc., Expedient, Foureva Media, FormLabs, Husch Blackwell, In Balance IT, Michael Best/Venture Best, Milwaukee Tool, MKE Tech Hub Coalition, Offsite, LLC., Optiv Security Inc., Qumulo, Salesforce, SentinelOne Inc., United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee School of Information Studies, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, Xorbix Technologies Inc., Zscaler, Alverno College, Bridge to Cures, Inc., Carroll University, The Greater Milwaukee Committee, i.c.stars, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Microsoft TEALS, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee School of Continuing Education, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Women in Technology Wisconsin, Inc., Wisconsin Tech Association. Media support provided by Experience Milwaukee. Production support provided by Majic Productions, Inc. Shuttle support provided by Wisconsin Coach Lines/Coach USA.
For more information visit Summerfest-Tech.com
About Summerfest Tech
Summerfest Tech began in 2018 with the goal of leveraging the Summerfest brand to showcase technology and provide a forum for attendees from the tech and business community to network, educate, and celebrate the evolution of technology. Summerfest Tech continues to champion the regional business community, while shining the spotlight on Wisconsin’s growing reputation as a tech hub, highlighting the growth and opportunity in the region. Programming from local, regional, and national speakers, as well as a cash-prize pitch competition, connects the tech community around relevant topics. For more details, visit Summerfest-tech.com.